Tips to Make Your Home Renovation Enjoyable
Written by Artisan Contracting on November 9, 2016
When it comes to renovating a room or home, it can be a rather stressful experience. Just the fact there will be disruption, as well as the money that you have spent, mixed with the excitement of having a newly renovated area, can make the period of renovation less than enjoyable.
There are however, ways that you can make the time that your room or house is being renovated less stressful, and, dare we say it, a more enjoyable renovation.
The most important factor to an enjoyable renovation is to be prepared. By being prepared you can help to avoid nasty surprises or last minute problems to solve.
- Try to ensure that you are within budget – and try to leave a bit extra for emergencies or last minute issues. The worry of going over budget, already being over-budget or having to cut out important things to stay within budget can be one of the most stressful parts of any building or renovating work. Be realistic before you start and keep some extra money back for when you need some extra funds (and you probably will!)
- Try to plan out your project with ample time, so that you aren`t panicking about meeting deadlines. Of course you want to carry out the project in the shortest (and probably most cost effective) time possible, but don`t stretch yourself unrealistically.
- Think about what disruption you will be causing to your and your family`s everyday life. Will you be able to use the bathroom or kitchen? How will you cook, take a shower or clean clothes? Will you have electricity? Would you be better off moving out for a few days?
- Think about other disruption to your home. There may well be people coming in and out, dust or paint splashing around, to think about how you will protect your belongings.
- Another way to getting pain free renovations is to choose a company who will organise everything for you, so that the day to day running of the project – and the stresses and problems that comes with it are someone else`s problem.
What To Do During the Renovation
If you are well prepared you should find that the renovation is a breeze – regardless of whether they are difficult or easy home renovations.
- If you have left it to the responsibility of the professionals, make sure that you choose a company that you can trust in then leave it to them. Arrange regular communication with the project manager, and don`t pester them at other times. This way they – as well as you will feel less stressed.
- Keep all of your receipts so that if anything doesn`t work properly, is the wrong size, shape or colour, you can take them back.
- Protect your belongings from damage, dust and debris but it is worth thinking about putting your most valuable things far away from the renovation worth.
As with anything which is potentially disruptive, the best way that you can make it as `enjoyable` as possible is to be as prepared as possible. By knowing what`s coming and being prepared for the unexpected, you can ensure that the only butterflies in your stomach have come from the excitement of your renovated home.
Artisan Contracting has some of the best home renovation experts in the Burlington, Oakville and Hamilton area. Contact them anytime for any home renovation inquiries by calling 905-278-4726 or by emailing [email protected].